SRH Playing XI vs KKR – Follow IPL 2022 live updates: Sunrisers Hyderabad will take on Kolkata Knight Riders in a do-or-die match on Saturday 14th May at Pune Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium. SRH captain Kane Williamson is expected to make two changes to his team in this match as twins Marco Jansen and T Natarajan are expected to return. Follow IPL 2022 live updates and SRH vs KKR live updates on CricsGuru.IN.
SRH Playing XI vs KKR, Marco Jansen and T Natarajan expected to make a comeback, Follow Live Updates
Sunrisers Hyderabad are struggling in the 6th position in the rankings at the time of writing. They have won 5 of their 11 games, and to qualify for the playoffs, Kane Williamson’s boys will need to win all of their last three games.
SRH are known for their strong bowling unit but that led to them losing in their last match against Royal Challengers Bangalore where they conceded 192 runs. So it goes without saying that they will be looking to make some changes to their bowling unit.
Afghan pacemaker Fazalhaq Farooqi had a lot of buzz around him and was given a chance in the last game, but he didn’t deliver. Farooqi gave up 47 runs without taking any wickets and, understandably, he is likely to make way for Marco Jansen.
On top of that, T Natarajan is also likely to return from injury. If he returns to the team, Kartik Tyagi seems to be the bowler that SRH management will be willing to cut, as he also gave up 40+ runs in the last game.
When our blazing #Riser went on a fiery ride not too long ago. 🔥
— SunRisers Hyderabad (@SunRisers) May 14, 2022
Why Kane Williamson should bring back Marco Jansen and T Natarajan?
- T Natarajan is currently SRH’s leading wicket-taker, having eliminated 17 wickets in 9 matches.
- Natarajan has missed the last few matches due to injury but could be fit for this match.
- If Natarajan is fit, he will be an obvious name in the playing XI.
- Kartik Tyagi might then have to be benched.
- SRH gave Fazalhaq Farooqi a chance in the last game, but it flopped as he conceded 47 runs without picking any wickets.
- Farooqi is likely to be replaced by Marco Jansen who has collected 6 wickets in 7 matches.
SRH Playing XI vs KKR (Probable):
- Abhishek Sharma
- Kane Williamson
- Rahul Tripathi
- Aiden Markram
- Nicholas Pooran
- Shashank Singh
- Jagadeesha Suchith
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Marco Jansen
- T Natarajan
- Umran Malik
SRH’s Playoffs Equation:
Sunrisers Hyderabad have made things difficult with four consecutive losses, the last against Royal Challengers. SRH is now sixth and needs to win the remaining three games to be in the playoff race.
- SRH needs to win the remaining three games to qualify.
- SRH will also need to improve its NRR, which took a hit after RCB’s beating.
- Remaining SRH parties: KKR, MI, PBKS
Sunrisers Hyderabad (Full Squad): Kane Williamson(c), Abhishek Sharma, Rahul Tripathi, Aiden Markram, Nicholas Pooran(w), Jagadeesha Suchith, Shashank Singh, Kartik Tyagi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umran Malik, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Marco Jansen, Abdul Samad, Sushant Mishra, Romario Shepherd, Priyam Garg, Vishnu Vinod, Washington Sundar, Glenn Phillips, T Natarajan, Shreyas Gopal, Ravikumar Samarth, Sean Abbott.