The Carolina Opry is a musical variety show located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The Carolina Opry was inaugurated in Surfside Beach, South Carolina in 1986 and was founded by singer, producer and entrepreneur, Calvin Gilmore. The original venue was a 1,000-seat theatre located one block from Main Street in Surfside Beach.
As shows began to sell out nightly, a second show was opened in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina as The Dixie Jubilee. Both shows began to sell out nightly and in 1993, the shows were unified under The Carolina Opry name in a new 2,200-seat theatre located at the crossroad of Highway 17 Business and Highway 17 Bypass next to the Pirates Voyage Fun, Feast & Adventure dinner theatre in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
It received the Governor’s Cup, the state of South Carolina’s highest award for tourism.
The Carolina Opry Theater, South Carolina Parking Guide
It is situated on 11.5 acres, ample parking surrounds the building. The Carolina Opry theatre offers free parking, a large lot is located in front of the venue, and is easily accessible from US 17 Business.
The Grand Ole Opry shares a parking lot with Opry Mills mall and it’s also right next to the Gaylord Opryland, so there’s lots of parking available. Parking is free of cost in the theatre.
Tailgating and handicapped parking
There is not much information regarding tailgating and handicap parking. We will update the article as we get information regarding this.
About The Carolina Opry Theater, South Carolina
The official address of the theater is 8901 North King Hwy- Myrtle Beach, SC 29572.
Public Transportation for the venue of the Carolina Opry Theater, South Carolina
If you don’t have a vehicle facility then you can also take a 15-minute taxi ride from downtown Myrtle Beach or a 5-minute ride from the Tanger Outlet Mall to reach the Carolina Opry. The address to reach at the venue is 8901 North Kings Highway. Simply drive along Highway 17, which runs parallel to the beach, and park at the free, on-site lot. You will be at the venue without any effort.
Some reviews of Carolina Opry Theater
- My wife and I saw The Christmas Show and it was fantastic. This show had a little bit of everything you could ask for (except rap or rock). Great singers and musicians that would be hard to match anywhere. Top-level Dancers & comedians that were very entertaining. The guys playing a Christmas song by stomping out the notes with their feet on a large digital keyboard were unbelievable. So much talent and entertainment for the price you pay. And they don’t leave out singing about the true meaning of Christmas – Christ was born unto us!
- I highly recommend this show for anyone looking to hear & see a great Christmas show that will help get you in the Christmas spirit.
- We had a wonderful time. Can’t remember the last time I saw a variety show. All the performers were extremely talented. Nonstop entertainment. The building is beautiful. The seats were very comfortable and the staff very nice. We enjoyed it immensely. We’re here for another few weeks. We’ll probably go back for one of their other shows.
- This is our second trip to the Carolina Opry and another great show. We went to the Christmas show and it was so good. We went to the next to last show and it was great to see that even after so many shows, they did not just walk through it. They made it feel like it was the first show of the season. A mixture of popular songs and some not so popular. Everyone did great, from the singers to the dancers to the musicians. The last song by Chasity Croft Sorrells was amazing. On a personal note, I would have loved to hear Mary Did You Know? or Hallelujah Chorus.
- Absolutely amazing show! This was our first time attending the show and it was incredible! There was never a dull moment! We were treated very kind when we arrived and everything was soooooo awesome!!!!
- We saw the Christmas show. Absolutely fantastic. So much variety and soul. I have seen so many Christmas shows in NYC, this by far beat all the shows. Beautiful decorated theater and pleasant staff. We loved it.
- The Christmas show was excellent and we had lots of fun. Music put us in the Christmas spirit. We really enjoyed Moses Braxton, that voice!!! WOW!!.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What time should I arrive at the theatre?
Most of the live events feature a pre-show. Generally, it is a safe target to arrive between 45minutes and 30 minutes prior to the showtime.
- What happens if I arrive late?
If you arrive after the curtain has gone up then you will have to sit at the manager’s discretion and a specific seat may not be available anymore. Show numbers in the show use very pale lighting and special effects so you would have to wait until those numbers are over to be seated, for everyone’s safety.
- Is there any dress code at the theatre?
No, there is no particular dress code at the theatre. Everyone is free to wear a dress they are comfortable in.
- Is smoking allowed in the theatre?
The Calvin Gilmore theatre gives a smoke-free facility. Outdoor areas have been designated for the convenience of the audience.
- Where is this theatre located?
The theatre is located at 8910. North King highway right next to Dolly Parton’s Pirates Voyage.
- How can I buy a gift certificate?
You can buy gift Certificates by contacting the call centre at (800) 834-6779 or at the theatre box office during normal operating hours.
- How can I redeem a gift certificate?
You can redeem Gift Certificates by contacting the call center at (800) 834-6779 or bringing them to the theatre box office during normal operating hours.
- How to reach at The Carolina Opry?
The Carolina Opry is located at 8901 North Kings Highway. Simply drive along Highway 17, which runs parallel to the beach, and park at the free, on-site lot. You can also take a 15-minute taxi ride from downtown Myrtle Beach or a 5-minute ride from the Tanger Outlet Mall to reach the Carolina Opry.
- What are the nearest attractions to Carolina Opry?
Attractions near Carolina Opry:
- Barefoot Landing
- Grand Strand
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Myrtle Beach